“WHERE WAS THE BIBLE BEFORE 1611?” (Part 2)
#6. “There were no Bibles in the first
At Pentecost in 33AD …there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven. (Acts 2:5)
Paul writes in 57AD, By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, …: (Rom 1:5)
Furthermore, in prison for the first time in 62-64AD, Paul writes …the gospel; Which is come
unto you, as it is in all the world; … (Col 1:6)
Indeed the whole 27 books of the New Testament were canonized and accepted before the end of the 1st century, and indeed, starting at Pentecost, where every nation under heaven is present, the dissemination of the scriptures and godly Bibles throughout the world has continued unabated up to the present, despite intense persecution by Rome.
#7. “There were no scriptures and Bibles in the Dark Ages.”
Despite Rome’s repeated and determined efforts to kill Christians, and destroy once and forever their Bibles, God kept his godly line of Bibles alive from Matthew 37AD and the epistles of Paul from 51AD up to 1300AD.
* Foxe states that Britain received the gospel in the time of Tiberius the emperor, under whom Christ suffered.
* William of Malmesbury writes that Joseph of Arimathea with 12 companions, was sent by Philip the apostle from France to Britain by at least 63AD.
* Walter Scott confirms that during the reigns of Nero and Domitian, 54-68AD, 81-96AD, numerous translated portions of the Vulgar Latin scriptures circulated in Great Britain.
* Furthermore, Bran, a British king, was converted by Paul in prison in Rome, and returned back to Britain, accompanied by certain Christian teachers among whom was Aristobulus (Rom 16:10).
* Origen states that the unifying force in Britain in century 1 & 2, was Christianity.
* Foxe also states that Simon Zelotes, the apostle of Luke 6:15 and Acts 1:13, spread the gospel of Christ in Britain.
* Patrick records his salvation to Christ in Northern Ireland in the 400’s and categorically rejected the false gospel of Rome.
* In the 5th, 6th and 7th centuries, British Christians and saved Irishmen, swarmed all over France and Germany with their Bibles.
* Bede in 565AD had the writings of the prophets, evangelists and apostles and his Saxon Bible was translated into the vulgar tongue of the day.
* In 678AD, King Wilfred had a copy of the four gospels.
* In 871AD, Alfred the Great says that churches were filled with books before destruction by the Danes. His children had learnt the Psalms by heart.
The OT, the gospels, the apostles writings drenched England and the continent during this time. Indeed, the Bible’s enemies are testimony to its existence, in that:
* History records that the ten official persecutions by Romans Emperors during 67-313AD destroyed the Christian Bibles.
* Angles, Saxons and Jutes destroyed Christian Bibles between 303-450AD.
* Danes destroyed the Christian scriptures between 450-late 800’s.
* The Normans destroyed the scriptures between the late 800’s and 1066AD.
* The kings Henry IV, V, VIII and Bloody Queen Mary called for the destruction of all Christian Bibles between 1399-1558.
MYTH #8. “God translated the King James 1611 Bible from the Greek.”
Knowing that Greek manuscripts do not have 1Jn 5:7-8 (Jesus Christ is God) and Acts 8:37 (eliminating water baptism for salvation), we understand why God would not leave his final Bible up to the Greeks! Although the 1611 translators laid down a Greek Textus Receptus, it was then further corrected in one thousand places! by all the other language Bibles in the world, before being translated into English. From Pentecost, the world has been soaked with godly Bibles in all languages, and so their distillation, the Authorized Bible, is truly the Bible from, and for, all nations! IT WAS ALWAYS AN EXISTING GEM - WITH A FINAL POLISH!
So, the question is not
“Where was the Bible before 1611?”
But “Where wasn’t the Bible before 1611?”
Truly, God has preserved his word (Ps 12:7)
Sunday 5th September 2021