When we look around the world there are more religions than countries on the earth. Most claim that if you follow their rules/doctrine, you will get to heaven or their form of heaven.
What are we to make of all this?
Did you know there are actually only two (2) religions? All religions in the world can be summed up as either a “DOING” RELIGION or a “DONE” RELIGION.
LET ME EXPLAIN: As the Authorized King James 1611 English Bible says “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.”
(2 Timothy 2:15)
All modern Bible translations are based on corrupt manuscripts and this is one of the verses they have changed. You will find that the modern translations have changed the word “study” to phrases like “be diligent” or “do your best”
The purpose of this tract is to get the reader to study and examine himself.
The question, dear reader, is
“do you have A DOING or THE DONE religion?”
THE DOING RELIGION
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
All religions except one, focus on what a man has to do to get right with God.
These include religions like Muslims, Buddhists, Catholics, Jehovah’s Witnesses, Mormons, Seventh Day Adventists and many other forms of counterfeit ‘christianity’.
They are taught they must be pleasing to God or they won’t get into heaven. All these religions are full of very zealous people who are intent on trying to live good and moral lives … but their efforts are futile. The scriptures say “…they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.” (Romans 10:2)
THEY ARE TOLD GETTING TO
HEAVEN DEPENDS ON …
- Doing good works
- Keeping the Ten Commandments
- How much money/tithes they give
- How many prayers they say
- Believing in God
- Confessing their sins
- How zealous they are
- Speaking in unknown tongues
- Getting water baptized
- Becoming a member of a church etc etc
Their eternal destination depends on them and how good/perfect and obedient to the rules they can be. But do you realize, even your best works are nothing but filthy rags in God’s eyes?
“But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags;”
Now the weakness of all these religions is they provide no security for their millions of believers. Their followers spend years focusing on their self-efforts and never being sure if they have been good enough.
Then after they die, they find themselves burning in hell for all their ‘filthy rag’ efforts !!!
THE DONE RELIGION
WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
All the doing/works needed to get to heaven have been done by another man.
WHO IS THIS PERSON AND WHAT DID HE DO?
1. His name is the Lord Jesus Christ - the only true God. He is called the Word.
“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1)
“For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.” (1 John 5:7)
2. He fulfilled the righteous requirements of the law of God the Father “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.” (Romans 10:4)
3. He kept the law of God perfectly and this means He never sinned “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews 4:15)
4. His blood was shed for our sins - “In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:” (Colossians 1:14)
NOW, GOD THE FATHER DEMANDS PERFECTION TO ENTER HEAVEN.
We all know that we can never be perfect. In fact the harder we try sometimes the more we see how sinful we actually are!
But God says “Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.”
NOT ONLY THAT, IT TAKES ONLY ONE SIN TO KEEP US OUT OF HEAVEN
The scriptures say “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.” (James 2:10)
So we see what an impossible task it is to depend on our own good works to get to heaven.
There is only one man, Jesus Christ, who was perfect with perfect works. As He hung on the cross at the end of His life, He declared “It is finished”. No further works for salvation needed!!
WHAT DOES ALL THIS MEAN FOR THE BELIEVER?
1. The works that we do are not meant to get us right with God for our salvation/entry into heaven.
2. Yes, if you are saved, we do good works. The purpose of these good works however, is to glorify God and secondly to be judged for eternal rewards. They were never meant to make us good enough to enter heaven.
3. Once we understand this, the focus of our Christian life shifts off our works and onto the perfect works of our precious Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
4. This gives us a rest/peace because we are not trusting in our works to get to heaven.
5. We are now trusting the Lord Jesus Christ, who was God himself manifest in the flesh, who kept the law perfectly and shed His blood for our sins.
“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.” (1 Timothy 3:16)
WE CAN DAILY BE THANKFUL …
that we are no longer trusting in our works, but the finished works of God himself. The burden of “good works” falls off us. We are now free to serve the Lord out of love instead of the fear of the loss of our salvation.
The scripture “And ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free” (John 8:32) now takes on a whole new meaning. The lie about ‘our good works for salvation’ shifts the focus from us to our Saviour.
WHICH RELIGION DOES GOD WANT?
Certainly not the one of doing and trusting in our good works, but the one that has been done – the one that trusts in the finished work of Jesus Christ.
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: not of works, lest any man should boast.”
HERE IS A PRAYER TO GUIDE YOU:
“Heavenly Father we thank you that you satisfied the righteous requirements of the law to get to heaven. We thank you that you shed your precious blood for our sins.
We are so grateful that we no longer have to trust in our own righteousness, because we will always fail.
We thank you Lord Jesus that you did it all and we can now serve you out of love instead of fear.
We thank you that we are saved. In Jesus’ name. Amen.”
By Harley Hitchcock