ACCURATE BIBLE KNOWLEDGE!
“WHAT ABOUT THE “THEE’s” AND “THOU’s?” (Part 1 of 2)
QUESTION: Who uses the words of “thee” and “thou” anymore?
THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE HAS BEEN DREADFULLY DEGRADED.
The English language has lost its meaning with all sorts of weasel words, newspaper language, foggy words, vague meanings, no punctuation … and the list goes on. Everything has been reduced down to a type of literary-mashed-up-pablum of baby food for the common man with no teeth. Instead of man pulling down God’s language to a third grade level, man needs to reach up to understand God’s words.
MAN’S GETTING MORE CLEVER?
Don’t make me laugh! But of course, that’s the lie isn’t it? As technology gets increasingly sophisticated, man becomes increasingly more stupid!
Furthermore, not using the “-ETH” ending, for example, DESTROYS COMPLETELY any knowledge and understanding of the dispensations. For example, it’s impossible to understand the difference between the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God.
Read “The Elephant in the Room” – Studies on the Book of Matthew” to understand the difference between the kingdom of heaven and the kingdom of God, without which, the New Testament becomes a grotesque and deformed mixture of dispensational alphabet soup.
THERE IS NO PRIVATE INTEPRETATION
THE USE OF ALL THE PUNCTUATION, PARTS OF SPEECH AND DIFFERENT PRONOUNS MAKES THE KING JAMES BIBLE AN EXACT 100% CORRECT LEGAL DOCUMENT, THAT CAN STAND UP TO ANY RIGOROUS PROSECUTION IN ANY COURT OF LAW. THUS PROVING THERE IS NO PRIVATE INTERPRETATION WITH THE KING JAMES BIBLE.
AND WHO WOULD HAVE MOST TO GAIN FROM THIS?
Firstly, Rome. Without correct words, grammar, pronouns and parts of speech, the Bible can be used to support ungodly doctrines. The scriptures say “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.” (2 Peter 1:20)
And of course, the publishers bank accounts gain from the “new” versions as people long to hear something new (Acts 17:21).
IT’S A PARADOX
In this digital age with highly specific, exact, technical and detailed language, God’s words have been trodden on and watered down by the world. God’s words are put on a downward slippery slide, while man’s words are elevated.
People couldn’t care less about the exactness of what God says in his Authorized Bible, The King James Bible. The “near enough is good enough” language approach of all modern ‘bible’ versions would not, and is not, tolerated for one second in the world!
Put it this way, Company Directors eg Banks and Insurance companies, responsible for publishing wrong information in their Propectus (a printed booklet that invites potential investing clients for a share offer) that contains the slightest hint of lies or fraud are subject to heavy fines and imprisonment for misrepresentation.
How much more serious does God take the truth of his words? Infinitely. No-one can accuse God in this world or the next for lying or misrepresenting the history of man and the way of salvation as printed in the perfect and inerrant prospectus of The King James Bible.
the second person (the one spoken to)
the third person (the one spoken about)
An example: If you (first person) are talking to someone (they are second person) about someone else (they are the third person).
God has all sorts of built-in clues in the King James:
1. “-est” reminds you it is the second person with its ‘s’
2. “-eth” reminds you it is the third person with its ‘t’
Furthermore, the ending of “-eth” signifies the present and continuous ongoing nature of the verb. For example
He believeth means he believes this very minute, then the next minute, then the next hour, then tomorrow and then the next week and so on. Many of his disciples walked away and lost their salvation (John 6:66. Interesting number of 666?)
That’s why when Christ came and gave his Sermon on the Mount (Matthew chapters 5-7) it was full of words ending in “-eth”. Why? They could lose their salvation if they didn’t keep up believing in Christ in an ongoing and unbroken way. Of course, as Christ had not yet died, no-one could have permanent security as God could not put them into the death of Christ.
This is unlike the jailer who only had to believe once with “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ”.
1. If you think that the NKJV has just innocently updated the difficult words and removed the ‘thee’s and the thou’s’ – here’s what the translators proudly admit:
“IT IS CLEAR THAT THIS VERSION REQUIRED MORE THAN THE DROPPING OFF OF THE “-ETH” ENDINGS AND REMOVING THE “THEE’S AND THE THOU’S” AND UPDATING OBSOLETE WORDS.” (New King James Version, 1982e. p.1235)
2. The preface to the NKJV states that the “thee’s, thou’s and ye’s” are replaced by the simple “you” as these pronouns are no longer part of the English language. However the “thee’s, thou’s and ye’s” weren’t part of the English language of 1611! If you read the introduction to the 1611 King James Bible, there are no “thee’s”, “thou’s” or “ye’s” used by the translators.
3. The ‘thee’s’ and the ‘thou’s’ were taken out from the English language 400 years before the King James – therefore the ‘thee’s’ and ‘thou’s’ were DELIBERATELY put into the King James Bible to give 100% accuracy of meaning.
4. The Webster’s Third New International Dictionary says of the word “ye”: “used from the earliest times to the late 13th century…” (p.26-48). But, the King James Bible was published 400 years later in the 17th century.
5. AS THE KING JAMES BIBLE IS GOD’S PERFECT, INFALLIBLE, INERRANT, FINAL AND INSPIRED AUTHORITY FOR MAN, IT CAN STAND UP TO THE MOST RIGOROUS, LEGAL AND GRAMMATICAL EXAMINATION.
There is no private interpretation of the Scriptures.
Sunday 3rd October 2021