DEAD SEA SCROLLS
When a new translation of the Bible comes out, you’ll find in the preface or the foreword of each edition, words similar to the following:
“THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS HAVE CHANGED THINGS AND HAVE OPENED VAST AREAS OF RESEARCH BY GIVING US ACCESS TO INFORMATION THAT THE KING JAMES TRANSLATORS DIDN’T HAVE. THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS HAVE GIVEN US MORE ADVANCED LIGHT AND A WEALTH OF MATERIAL RESULTING IN AN EMBARRASSMENT OF RICHES.
THESE SCROLLS HAVE PROVIDED US WITH A GREAT BREAKTHROUGH AND HAVE BEEN A MOMUNENTAL FIND. THEY HAVE BEEN THE MOST IMPORTANT FIND EVER OF OLD TESTAMENT MANUSCRIPTS AND THEY HAVE GIVEN SCHOLARS VAST RESOURCES TO IMPROVE THE BIBLE AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO FOR DECADES TO COME.
SCHOLARS NOW FIND AND NOW BELIEVE THAT WHERE THEY ONCE PRESUMED, THEY NOW KNOW. WHAT THEY THOUGHT, THEY NOW FIND THEY WERE WRONG BECAUSE NEW QUESTIONS HAVE OPENED VAST AREAS AND NOW THEY REALISE THAT ALL THE TIME THEY...”. (Got the picture?)
IN THIS PAPER WE’LL SEE THAT:
1. The Dead Sea Scrolls truly are dead.
2. Used as
a cover by
Bible publishers to
rip another buck
out of the unsuspecting
public so that they’ll
continue to buy
“The Dead Sea Scrolls prove that there’s a sucker born
THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS
The Dead Sea Scrolls are being used as one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated on mankind. The Dead Sea Scrolls are deader than a dead elephant that was nuked at Hiroshima. There is not one scrap of evidence in any of these scrolls (from the past sixty years) that has shed any light on the evidence that we already have in the King James Bible.
The DSS are probably the most unimportant discovery ever discovered. The evidence from these documents have been used to destroy everyone’s belief in the inerrancy of the King James Bible.
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS?
1. Book of Jubilee - called the ‘Little Genesis’.
2. Book of Enoch - 10 manuscripts with fragments - written by someone who thought that in Jude it said that Enoch wrote something. (He didn’t - it said he prophesied).
3. Book of Noah
4. Testament of Levi - Greek Text
5. Testament of Napthali - Greek text
6. Sayings of Moses called ‘A Little Deuteronomy’
7. The Scroll of the Patriarchs
8. Psalms of Joshua
9. Visions of Amram
10. Visions of Nabonitus
11. A commentary on the Book of Isaiah
12. A commentary on Genesis 49
13. A commentary on Hosea, Nahum and
Psalm 37 and 45
14. A partial scroll of the Book of Isaiah
15. “War of the sons of light against the sons of darkness.” A manuscript which describes the wars between the tribes of Levi, Judah and Benjamin and the Ammonites, Edomites and Moabites.
All these were written as apocryphal and none of it is true or historical.
16. Thanksgiving Hymns
17. A complete Scroll of Isaiah which has added nothing to Isaiah than what we already have in the Authorized Version.
18. A Habakkuk Commentary of chapters 1 and 2 but omitting the chapter on the Second Coming.
19. A Manual of Discipleship containing the rules for the members of the Qumran community.
(These members were apostate ascetics who rejected the entire Old Testament while professing to believe in it.)
There are about 800 manuscripts all told and these contain the 382 manuscripts (Cave 4Q) which are represented by the fragments already described.
From 4Q there are about 100 “biblical” manuscripts, whereas everybody is led to believe that all the manuscripts of the DSS collection are nothing but Biblical. Every book of the Hebrew Bible is represented by some fragment except Esther.
THE DSS AND THE APOCRYPHA
The DSS contain Apocryphal fragments and manuscripts and therefore the researchers say that these should be admitted to the canon even though these were written 200 YEARS after God had closed the Old Testament canon.
This dove-tails nicely into the ideals and thinking of the Roman Catholic Church. The Dead Sea Scrolls contain manuscripts of Tobit, Judith, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus, Epistle of Jeremy, Baruch and 1 & 2 Maccabees. This is the embarrassment of riches that the Bible publishers would have us include in the Bible.
DATE OF THESE MANUSCRIPTS? Between 175 BC and 68 AD (which was 200 years after God had closed the Old Testament canon).
WERE ANY OF THESE DEAD SEA MANUSCRIPTS EVER QUOTED BY
A NEW TESTAMENT WRITER?
WHO IS BEHIND THIS?
The up and coming New World Religion headed up by the Pope and Rome!
There is one book of the Bible that the Catholics especially hate and that is The Revelation of St John the Divine. Why? Their punishment and everlasting torment is clearly set out there. Very soon an edition of the Bible will appear with The Revelation being replaced by the Epistle of Barnabas or the “Something-or-Other of Thomas”.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF CURRENT SCHOLARSHIP ON THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS?
The Dead Sea Scrolls find is being used to undermine the belief in the King James Bible, while making the ‘Bible’ publishers very rich - with the bulk of unsuspecting Christians forking out good money to get a ‘better’ Bible.
HOW IS THIS DONE?
Phrases and words are used to try and convince you:
“Of one thing we can be certain, the discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls has opened up vast areas of study. Some of them new, some of them old, but all of them important for the study of the holy Scriptures.” That’s how it’s done.
WHO WERE THE QUMRAN COMMUNITY?
1. A group of apostate Jewish ascetics living out near the Dead Sea who called themselves the “Sons of Light, Sons of Righteousness, Sons of Truth, Men of Truth and the Men of Perfection.”
Imagine that! They supposedly had parts of every book of the Old Testament except Esther. Why couldn’t they have looked up the passages that told them who they truly were!
Did they have Ecclesiastes? “For there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not..” Ecclesiastes 7:20.
Did they have the Psalms? “Every man at his best state is altogether vanity.” Psa_39:5.
Did they have the complete scroll of Isaiah? “All our righteousnesses are as filthy rags.” (Isaiah 64:6).
The Qumran community rejected everything that the Old Testament had to say about blood sacrifices.
2. They denied the priesthood of Levi.
3. They rejected the entire Mosaic revelation.
Their manual states that they were to be subject to every word of Moses and to be devoted to the Torah (with disobedience resulting in exclusion). But they weren’t. They rejected Mt Moriah and Jerusalem as the place of sacrifice (Deuteronomy 12:11-14).
4. They rejected blood for the forgiveness of sins and used water instead.
They rejected the blood sacrifices that God had laid down in the Old Testament.
The community themselves forgave themselves of their own sins -just like the Roman Catholic Church today. No wonder the Catholic Church likes the DSS.
5. They rejected circumcision and mentioned it only in its spiritual aspect.
6. They preserved the Apocryphal writings and observed them.
7. They taught that two different Messiahs were coming - one for Aaron and one for Israel. Multiple Messiahs!
The Qumran community were apostate Gnostic Jews (those with supposed secret knowledge). After the death of Christ they incorporated some of the stuff of the New Testament and became known as Ebionites (apostate and unsaved ‘Christians’). Christians today are being led to believe that this community has something to offer them today.
The Dead Sea Scrolls are being used to:
1. Keep producing new translations to rip more dollars off many unsuspecting sukers. “For the love of money is the root of all evil...” (1 Timothy 6: 10).
2. Being used by Rome to destroy the belief in the inerrancy of the King James Bible. (Rome’s been behind every Bible version except the King James).