ACCURATE BIBLE KNOWLEDGE! ..
ANSWER: “YOU DON’T. IT’S GONE! IT’S FINISHED! IT’S PAST! IT NO LONGER APPLIES!”
1. As Christians follow Paul as he follows Christ (1Cor 1:11) we are to do as he did – no water baptising. Paul stopped water baptising people (1Cor 1:17).
2. Paul says he does not water baptise – it confuses people. People say “Am I saved? I must be because the Pastor thinks I am because he baptized me in water!”
3. Water baptism can send people to hell … water baptism is a stumbling block!
“They water baptized me, therefore I must be saved.”
4. God is not the author of confusion (1Cor 14:33)
5. If water baptism is an order for the church, why would Paul not follow his own advice?
If “Christ sent me (Paul) not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: … lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.” (1Cor 1:17), then why would Paul then order the church to water baptize.
He wouldn’t! Water baptism is not an ordinance (order) for the church.
7. “WHERE? Oh WHERE, Oh WHERE, Oh WHERE does it say a Christian shows other Christians his faith by being water baptised?”
8. The Bible says you will know them by their fruits not their works. Water baptism is a work! You may as well hang rosary beads around your neck!
9. Paul’s gospel is the waterless gospel - no water baptism before salvation and no water baptism after salvation!!
10. Water baptism is a weak and beggarly element (Gal 4:9) belonging to other dispensations, and gives people a false sense of security that they are saved when they might not be.
The result of water baptism is that people think they are saved because the church said they were saved, by putting the stamp of water approval on them. This is dreadfully wrong!
11. It’s like putting a mixture of water and petrol into a Rolls Royce. Adding their traditions that bring to nought the word of God, churches wonder why they are in a mess, spinning their wheels and sinking slowly into the mud.
12. Paul’s gospel of the kingdom of God has no water baptism, before or after salvation, and Christians are to follow Paul as he follows Christ.
Do we follow Christ? Absolutely and Paul shows us how to as Christians. We can’t follow Christ directly as he was a Sabbath worshipping, pork abstaining, temple attending Jew.
ACCURATE BIBLE KNOWLEDGE!
QUESTION: “IF PAUL STOPPED WATER BAPTIZING
WHY DO CHURCHES CONTINUE TO DO IT?”