CONTRADICTIONS IN THE QU’RAN”
Authoritative texts for Muslims are the Qu’ran and Hadith.
Muslims believe that the Qu’ran is the revealed word of Allah.
The Hadith is a collection of traditions, written by various authors, that were composed after the death of Muhammad.
Many of the Hadith collections were slow to come into being … with some into the 8th and 9th century AD.
Sura stands for the chapter and verse number in the Qu’ran eg Sura 5:53 = chapter 5 and verse 53.
Islamic belief is that Muhammad is the perfect example to be followed by all Muslims.
Not intending to be offensive, this article shows that many Muslims have little real knowledge of what their god has said.
Islam teaches that the Qu’ran is perfect in every respect however the following contradictions need explanation.
1. The Qu’ran says that the sun sets in a muddy pool (Sura 7:157)
2. Sura 20:85-87, 95-97 reveal that a Samaritan molded the calf that the Israelites worshipped in Moses’ time. This is an historical impossibility as the Samaritans did not exist for anther 500-700 years.
3. Sura 28:38 states that Haman was a chief minister of Pharaoh in Egypt. But historically, Haman was the minister of the Persian king, Ahasuerus, called King Xerxes I, by the Greeks.
He lived about a 1,000 years after the time of Moses, but the Qu’ran says this Persian minister, Haman, lived in Egypt at the time of Moses.
4. Sura 66:12 reveals that Mary … the Bible’s Miriam and sister of Moses and Aaron … is the same as the virgin Mary … the mother of Jesus.
Some Muslim scholars try to explain that Mary was only a sister/daughter in a figurative sense because Aaron Mary were both saints.
To the ill-informed, it sounds plausible, but in fact this was not the case at all.
Sura 3:32-35 says that Imran’s (the father of Aaron) family, was one of the preferred above all creation.
Imram’s wife fell pregnant, and gave birth to Mary, who became the mother of Jesus.
More than 1500 years separated Mary the mother of Jesus and Miriam (Aaron and Moses’ sister.
5. Sura 36:37-38 reveals that the sun goes to a place of rest at night, which means there is a certain limit at which its daily cycle comes to an end.
Sura 18:86 “Till, when he reached the setting-place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people thereabout.”
Now even school children know that it is the earth that moves … not the sun.
6. Sura 2:187 commands Muslims to fast between sunrise and sunset. But how is this possible near the North and South poles when the sun doesn’t go below the horizon for months at a time?
7. Sura 5:116; 4:171 and 5:73 reveal that Christians believe that there are three gods … God, Mary and Jesus. Consequently, Muhammad repeated over and over that God is one. However, no Christian believes that there are three Gods … only one God! In fact, Christians expressly deny it, while affirming their belief in the Trinity … that is… the Godhead … made up of three persons (Hebrews 1:3) … the Father, the Son Jesus and the Holy Ghost (1 John 5:7-8).
Like an apple with three parts of core, flesh and skin … all being the apple … but there is only one apple!
8. Sura 6:12 states that people are to be blamed for belief and disbelief, but in Sura 10:100, Allah is responsible.
9. In Sura 31:15, a Muslim is permitted to keep some sort of kindly relation with non-Muslim parents. However, in Sura 9:23, a Muslim is not allowed to befriend unbelieving parents.
10. Sura 4:78 reveals that both good and evil come from Allah … but in Sura 4:79 only good comes from Allah.
11. Adultery is forbidden in Sura 25:68 and Sura 60:12. But in Sura 24:33, Allah allows non-forced prostitution and concubines in Sura 70:29-32.
12. In Sura 2:256 there is no compulsion in Islam. But in Sura 9:5, 8:39, 65 and 67, Allah commands Muslims to fight against unbelievers until they convert or die.
13. Murder is forbidden in Sura 5:30 etc, but murder for the sake of Allah is permitted against unbelievers as in Sura 9:5; 8:39, 65, 67; 2:191, 217.
“CONTRADICTIONS IN THE QU’RAN”