“WHO WAS AUGUSTINE?”
A FEW SHOCKING TRUTHS INTO THE FOUNDER OF
‘THE DOCTRINES OF GRACE’
aka CALVINISM aka ROMAN CATHOLICISM
Dear Reader, please write in to australianbibleministries.com and help me sort out my dilemma … how supposedly saved Christians can fawn over, grovel to, and believe what the following man, Augustine, believed.
And please keep in mind, that Augustine was the unsaved Roman Catholic, a blasphemous infidel, the father of Roman Catholicism, who founded the current ‘The Doctrines of Grace’ of infused grace into an unbeliever before salvation … while being consciously aware that this was diametrically opposed to the Pauline doctrine of imputed grace.
Yes, Dear Reader, it is shocking to hear that you must be born again, you must be regenerated, before you believe on the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved … because you are Totally Depraved and do not have a free will to believe.
Yes, Dear Reader, this is the Augustinian sewer out of which The Doctrines of Grace believer currently slurps his fill … brazen, willingly ignorant, proud and unrepentant … vehemently opposed to the truth!
AUGUSTINE (354-430 AD)
Roman Catholic church
was moulded by Augustine into the form it has ever maintained.
Augustine was the first real Roman Catholic.
He is considered the father of the Roman Catholic church.
1. Infant baptism was necessary for regeneration – infants who die unbaptised are damned
2. The necessity of water baptism for the remission of sins.
3. Dying a martyr is as good for the remission of sins as water baptism
5. Salvation can only be found in in The Roman Catholic church alone through it sacraments
6. Persecution is alright against those who reject Roman Catholic dogmas
7. Augustine began the acceptance of the Apocrypha
8. Allegorical (not literal) interpretation of the Bible eg creation was not in six days
9. Rejection of the literal personal reign of Christ on earth for 1000 years.
10. We are now in the millennial reign of Christ with the church reigning and the devil is presently bound.
11. Believed in the direct Apostolic succession from Peter down to the current Pope
12. Church tradition is just as important, if not more, than the scriptures
13. Loss of salvation … no eternal security
14. The need for the last rites before death by a Roman Catholic priest
15. The need to have confession of sins at the Roman Catholic confessional
Dear Reader, please hurry and contact me … I am aghast and at a loss for answers why the current ‘The Doctrines of Grace’ believer aka Calvinist, would park his car in Augustine’s garage.
I mean, how can a man, Augustine, who got so much blasphemously wrong … the above 13 points … be expected to be believed about being born again and regenerated with a pre-salvation infusion of Holy Spirit grace?
“DOES CHANGING THE LABEL
ON A BOTTLE
CHANGE THE CONTENTS?”